Hi, I’m Robert Joyner.
My favorite tools are acrylics, watercolors, paper, worn paintbrushes, graphite, crayons and inks. My style has been described as loose, bold and unique which I tend to agree with.
I spend the majority of my time making really bad art. Occasionally I get lucky and create some winners, too. Guess I like to play & doodle more than painting finished pieces which I find rather boring. Somehow I manage to make a living & paint full time – lucky me.
Bragging Rights – Select Clients
- Churchill Downs – Official 2012 Kentucky Derby Artist
- Arlington Horse Race Track Chicago
- National Pastime Baseball Museum
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- 555 Fahrenheit Restaurants
- Mixed Media Instructor – Strathmore Papers
- Polo Resort – Hong Kong
Most of my studio time is dedicated to building online classes & lessons for Paint Loose. In case you are unfamiliar with the website it’s where I’m sharing a lot of my knowledge and techniques to help others paint more expressively using acrylics and mixed media.
When not under the lights I’ve been out and about exploring urban sketching and plein air painting. Also, I’m getting back into watercolors which was the first medium I used when I began painting in early 2002.
Four Facts You Didn’t Know About Me
- I Use An Old School Flip-Phone
- Favorite Shows Are Bloodline & Hell On Wheels (Netflix)
- Summer is my least favorite season – prefer cold weather
- Fitness Is Important! I Take Grit and Body Pump Classes by Les Mills